Working on Videos and time with friends

August 30th, 2026

Palm Springs, California

Woke a bit late today and then just sat around playing on the phone.

No plans, but will try to work on a video.

Friend called and wanted to know if I wanted to meet for lunch around 11:30, so agreed and then went to work on planning my route for tomorrow and just reading stuff online to pass the time.

Got showered and dressed eventually and then uncovered the bike and rode down to the south side of town and met her at Chipotle.

Had a good lunch and some great conversations before she had to leave to attend to several tasks.

Headed back to the motel and got to work on a video.

We had left it open to have dinner at a Japanese Hibachi grill later tonight if she had time.

A few hours later she called to say she would be free for dinner, but due to heat and timing, decided to move the place to a Mexican spot closer to her.   This actually was much closer for me as well, so agreed.

I kept working on video and had the episode completed and exported right before I needed to leave.

Got on the bike and in very hot, crazy winds, rode north to meet her at 5:30.

Arrived and met up with her in the lobby and we were seated right away.

Had an amazing meal, the big burrito I had was just fantastic.  Another evening of good conversation until it started to get dark and she needed to head back home.

I rode back to the motel in the same winds, just not quite as warm this time.

Stopped at the gas station next to motel and bought a few more drinks and then around the corner to park the bike.

Secured and covered the bike, then turned down the AC a bit and tried to cool off while enjoying one of my drinks.

Uploaded the new video to YouTube and then worked on this day’s blog since I am not going to do anything else tonight, figured I could get it done early.

Rest of the night will just be playing online, or perhaps I will turn on the TV for the first time on this trip.

Will leave tomorrow, probably normal time, though might try to get up early and leave while cooler.  Probably not going to happen.

It’s a 6 hour ride back to where I live in Arizona, so will be a good long day, and probably hot as hell most of the way, and the first hour or so will be crazy winds for sure, maybe longer.

But will be nice to get there and unload the bike for the last time.

Probably get most of the bags unloaded and laundry done right away, then sit and cuddle my cats, if they will even let me, still not sure how this absence will impact how they view me.

I do miss them, it has been hard to not have them, and I hate leaving them, but two things that cannot happen collided, and I really needed to do this travel thing now, so having to hope the cats will forgive me, even though I may have to re-home another one next summer.

Well, that’s it for this adventure.

I will write up a review of some of the gear later, and probably write my final thoughts on the entire trip, but will be a few days.

I also have more travel coming up in about 2.5 weeks, so will get busy again and have more to write about, though some of that may need to wait as I will be out of the country and may or may not have easy access to internet.

With that, catch ya down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think?