Laundry and videos.

August 25th, 2026

Williams, Arizona

Woke at 8:00 am and got ready.  I need to do laundry really bad, nothing clean and worn much of it at least twice.

Gathered all the clothes and wore the riding gear so I could wash the street clothes, except the one pair of shorts under the riding pants and the long sleeve shirt I brought for just these occasions.

Got the bike ready and loaded the clothes, then rode over the few blocks to the laundry place.

Once inside I found a machine and got the clothes going.

Stood around playing of phone waiting.

Once done, took them over to dryer and when I went to start it, seems like there was still time left on it from someone else, so let it run out, but not enough to dry things, so had to run another full cycle again.

Folded the dry clothes and then rode back to the motel and put things away.

I then secured the bike again, then grabbed laptop and went to find a place to have lunch and do some work. (There is really no good place to sit in the room and work.  Even if the couch was not filthy, there is no table, so have to hold laptop in lap, which gets old really fast.)

I walked down a few blocks, checked out the old fuel station which was restored

I then stopped at Station 66 for pizza.   This place is built in an old gas station.

Ordered food and sat and ate while I worked on video stuff.

Once done, I walked over to the Circle K to buy some cold drinks for tonight and returned to the room.

Continued to work on my video, but after an hour I was so tired I could not keep eyes open.

Finally had to lay down and take a nap, which lasted about 2 hours.

Even after waking I was tired, so I sat in my camp chair (I had pulled it out and set it up earlier to try sitting in it, still holding laptop, but better than the bed).

After sitting here for probably an hour I started to wake up.

I got busy with the video again and completed it.

While it was exporting, I re-heated the wings from last night and had them for dinner, was not hungry enough to get other food.

Once the video was done, we put it up on You Tube and then started to work on the route for tomorrow.

I originally though we would make it to the California border tomorrow, but several stops on the ride tomorrow that will take time, and several smaller stops as well, so by time I reached the next larger town, it will be late enough that riding farther would not be that good.

So will stay in Kingman tomorrow, and continue the following day.  Might add an extra day on the trip is all, but still have some time.

Once route was done and I spent some time looking ahead to get an idea of how many more days this trip will take, I worked on getting the last two blog entries written.

Will upload them now and then go to bed, long day tomorrow, including a museum visit before I even load the bike (Just 2 blocks over, but was closed today, but opens early, so can get it done, load bike and still get out before 11 check out itme.)

Catch ya down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think?