Day off, catch up on work

August 15th, 2026

Joplin, Missouri

Slept in today, and combined with going to be very early last night, made me feel quite a bit better today.  I was still up early enough to get a shower and dressed before 10am though.

Worked on getting Blogs caught up first, uploaded and photos included on them.

I then went to lunch across the street at a local Coney Dog place.  I just had a Frito Pie though, and some fries.

Back at the hotel I did a load of laundry next as I was out of clean clothing.

While that was going on, I finished uploading the blogs.

I then did all the financial tasks as mentioned before.  Balancing accounts, validating credit card charges, paying off cards and moving funds as needed between accounts.

Then I also update the cost tracking sheets I have created for this trip (something I will not do going forward, too much effort and really not sure it is worth the time).

I then did some online updates and checks, and then went to dinner next door at a local Mexican place where the portions were HUGE.  I had way too much food, but it was really good.

We then worked on plotting the route for tomorrow.  Really getting annoyed at Google Maps, it really does not work well for complex routing due to limitations on points you can have, the programs insistence on sending you to Interstate highways, and its constant need to just fuck things up in general, making me have to start over again.

I think I have planned a route that is a bit too long for the stops, as I again did the routing before thinking about where I was stopping, but hard to know where I need to stop till I know what towns the route goes through. 

Piece of advice, if you want to do a similar trip, do all your routing and stop plans in the weeks before you leave.  Then you can just pull up the maps and go when the time arrives and you can even change course and it will adjust as needed. 

Then you can just book hotels as needed last minute, or if you are smart enough to NOT ride a motorcycle, just pull over and sleep in the car if need.

Now I am just going to pack things a bit, and work on some photo edits to clean up some stuff.  Not going to get a video again, just too tired and too late, need to go to bed earlier than 1:00am for a change, and want to try starting earlier tomorrow to make the day work better.

Catch ya down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think?